Weldlok® stair stringers are available configured for 2 to 17 treads. Treads and mounting brackets can be
- Convenient and easy to install
- Hot-dip galvanised to AS/NZS 4680
- Standard with 175mm rise and 250mm going at an angle of 35 degrees
- Designed to take a maximum tread width of 1000mm
How to calculate the number of treads required
- Measure the vertical height from the ground to the finished floor level of the landing.
- Divide the height by the rise (175mm)
- Round the result to the nearest whole number, then reduce by 1 for the top landing.
i.e. Height = 1000 divided by 175 = 5.71 rounded to 6 and reduced by 1 = 5 step stringers required.
- Treads must be >50mm thick
- Treads must not be greater than 1000mm wide
- When installing the stringers, in order to comply with the Building Code of Australia,
the “rise” of each tread must be consistent, including the first step and the last step up to the landing platform. This may require the ground level to be built up.
|Weldlok® Product Code||Number of steps||Vertical Height (mm)||RHS Thickness (mm)||Weight per pair (kg)|