Stair treads are made to measure from mild steel, aluminium, stainless steel, or FRP with options of non slip nosing. Suitable for either bolt-on or weld-on attachment.
Weldok® stair treads can be supplied in Series 30, 40 & 60 forgebar grating. Treads may be selected using the Recommended Width and Recommended Max. Length tables.
Non-standard treads can also be supplied on request. Please consult our sales department.
Stair tread types
- Type T1 – Welded fixing, no nosing
- Type T2- Mild steel bolted fixing
- Type T3- Mild steel with floor plate nosing, welded fixing
- Type T4- Bolted fixing, floor plate nosing
- Type T5- Aluminium with abrasive nosing, welded fixing
- Type T6- Bolted fixing, Holed End Plates, abrasive Nosing
- FRP- FRP tread with abrasive nosing, bolted fixing
Ordering stair treads
- Select from the tread types shown (T1 to T6).
- Refer to Recommended Max. Lengths table in our product guide (page 79). Select a Load Bar Size and Series with a maximum length equal to or greater than the required tread length. For example, if the required tread length is 1100mm, the Series 40 grating with 32 x 5 load bars (A40-325) would be appropriate.
- From the Recommended Widths table, choose a width that corresponds to the tread type and Series selected. For example, based on the Series 40 grating and a T1 tread, the tread width would be either 125, 165, 205, 245, 285 or 325mm. Example would be: Tread Type T1 ~ 1100 x 285 from A40 – 325
For more information on Stair tread please refer to our Tonkin Steel Product Guide